November 8,2016. Third year after #YolandaPH devastated the Philippines and killed many innocent people. Infrastructures were destroyed, the place was a wreck, and I even cant forget that picture wherein a father and a son covered in mud, embracing until their last breath. It was sad, unfortunate event.
Three years after the incident, as we commemorate the lives lost, another news saddened me.
SUPREME COURT APPROVES MARCOS’ BURIAL TO LNMB (Libingan ng mga Bayani)
*Allow me to rant on this one please.*
Ok, here we go, according to Marcos loyalists, the dictator is allowed to be buriefd there because
1. No law that prohibits the burial of Marcos’ remains at the LNMB. ( No law but what about the fact that THIS person threatened the freedom of my country, killed/tortured thousand of lives. Isn’t that enough?)
2.Marcos’ remains, under regulations of the AFP, can be interred at LNMB because he was a former president, commander-in-chief, soldier, medal of valor awardee, and legislator.
(BUT a human rights violator & dictator too.😧😤)
3. Marcos cannot be disqualified from burial at LNMB because he was not convicted of crimes involving moral turpitude.
(apparently the SC forgot the very reason of the origin of 1987 constitution, the existence of RA 10368 or the law for the reparation of HR victims during martial law, Aristoza,2016)
Im a millenial, and some may raise an argument telling me that I dont have any rights to say something abt the issue, but shame on you I have all the rights to speak about it because I have my freedom of speech (that Im greatly indebted from all those who died fighting for it). I have the right to express disappointment and rage to those 9 people who allowed a tyrant to become a hero of a nation he once destroyed. The decision is final,yes, I respect them but I would never accept the fact that they let it slip through their hands and allowed the history to change.
A friend asked me, “why are you so enraged that he will be buried there? We wont get something from it.”
Bullshit. We won’t get something from it but the fact that we still cry for JUSTICE because of the horrors of Martial Law yet we allowed him there? He can be buried anywhere but not inside LNMB, anyone’s backyard. The dude deserve to rot after all, what he dont deserve is to be buried in a place where everyone died fighting for the country. Good thing for him he has a body to bury, but what about those who were salvaged, bodies never been recovered, what about them? 😣
We can’t just move on and forget abt this whole thing. It’s our past and it would really affect our future.
I can’t even fathom telling my future kids how someone like Lord Voldemort is buried next to Lily and James Potter.
2016 had been rlly rlly bad in terms of politics: 1. Our president is a joke, inconsistent, and inaccurate maniac who goes oggling his eyes to our VP’s legs instead of appreciating her as she did her duties. A political butterfly who thinks it would be good to side with China and decides to break ties with US. Bad decision. Rlly.
2. Let’s talk about EJK wherein it’s a norm for policemen to kill “drug dealers/users” without enough proofs of evidence. Unfair,unjust. Rlly.
3. A boxer turned out politician cries for death penalty yet ceases to favor the LGBT community because God said there’s only man and woman in the bible. 😡 And now he’s telling us to just move on with the whoe burial issue.
4. Mocha Uson, a sexy dancer of Sexbomb girls, self-proclaimed blogger and avid fanatic of Duterte is now a columnist! Wow shame. Now her biased articles does not only articulate through social media but through newspapers too. Shame. Shame. Shame.
Plus, Trump is now the new president of USA so I’ll just be here waiting which of the two countries fall first. 😢😡😡